[sr-dev] Makefile troubles

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:29:11 CEST 2010

Hi Timo,

On 7/21/10 10:24 AM, Timo Reimann wrote:
> Hey Daniel,

>>> Frankly, I feel similar about 3.0's build system. When I build sr the
>>> other day I too had the impression that docs and Makefiles don't match
>>> up nicely. IMHO, Kamailio 1.5's way of building was more intuitive.
>>>

>> maybe the confusions come now from multiple directories storing the
>> modules, in some cases you would need to use the name of the directory
>>
>> One of the features of the new makefile system is the ability to
>> remember settings by two generated config files:
>> - config.mak
>> - modules.lst
>>
>> In this way is not needed to give all command line parameters to make
>> and make install everytime.
>>
> Ah ok, good to know.
>
> So is there still a way to disregard those two files for a specific Make
> run and use parameters given on the command-line only? Or do you always
> have to edit config.mak and modules.lst?

these files are auto-generated. If you run 'make cfg', e.g.,:

make PREFIX=/usr/local/kamailio FLAVOUR=kamailio
include_modules="db_mysql presence presence_xml" cfg

will create the config.mak and modules.lst with appropriate variable set.

If you do not run 'make cfg', is automatically run by simple 'make'
command, without any extra parameters.

http://www.asipto.com/