[sr-dev] [dialog MI dlg_end_dlg] error when terminating a dialog in state 2 (never removed from memory)

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jul 13 12:33:04 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> IMHO when a proxy-generated BYE is sent (to both caller and callee)
> that should be enough to set the dialog in 'terminated' state. There
> is no reason to behave different than when handling a UA-initiated
> BYE.

This sounds indeed resonable.

> > Maybe you have an idea on this; I will continue thinking about it. In
> > any case, the "always decrement counter during BYE processing" isn't
> > strictly required for the designated fix if the "deny proxy-initiated
> > call termination for non-confirmed calls" rule is in effect. That's
> > because confirmed dialogs should always transition to the terminated
> > state on processing of the BYE request and thereby decrement the counter.

If the "proxy deny" change is enough to fix the problem about the leaking
dialogs in this certain case, then maybe we should only change this so far,
especially as there are still at least one fix left (tm delete timer dlg)
which haven't been commited so far.

> > Too much thinking about dialog today. I need a break. :)
>
> Ok, I also need a break to see the goal again and again XDDD

Hehe, you've not that much goals in the last games, so i understand. ;-)

Henning