[sr-dev] k/auth_radius module based on s/auth module

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Jul 2 16:47:39 CEST 2010

On Jul 02, 2010 at 10:27, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> > Ovidiu Sas writes:
> >
> >> I see ....  In this case,  just go ahead and push your changes.
> >> If and when you have time, it would be nice to see a wiki page with
> >> differences between the two versions.
> >
> > i'll mention the differences on the wiki page.
> >
> >> In the future, maybe we will enhance one version with missing
> >> functionality from the other one and promote a single common module
> >> (by dropping the other one).  This will require no merging.
> >
> > also, it would make sense to have a common auth module that could be
> > based on s one.
>
> Is this something that can be relatively easy to achieve?

My guess is that it would be easy. The differences are mainly in
exported callbacks and some missing or extra script functions.
k version has the *challenge() functions (which were removed from ser,
but could be re-added easily) and some pv stuff. There also 2 or 3
differences in the exported callbacks (which hopefully can be merged
 easily in such a way that existing ser & k modules could use the merged
 auth without changes).

Andrei