[sr-dev] testing sip-router/make deb

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:59:30 CET 2010

Hello,

On 1/20/10 2:56 PM, Aymeric Moizard wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm currently willing to install/upgrade to sip-router
> (currently using kamailio 1.5)
>
> I'm doing initial testing with git with kamailio branch
> (3.0.0) and need some help.
>
> I'm using a debian lenny and willing to have debian package
> using "make deb".
the debs from pkg/kamailio/debian should work on lenny -- iirc I did no
change when building the debs:
http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/3.0.0/packages/debian-lenny/

> First question: is it possible to include/exclude modules or
> modules groups when using "made deb" or does it just compile 100% of
> modules?

By default it compiles everything. You can remove package groups from
pkg/kamailio/debian/rules, search for:

PACKAGE_GROUPS=...

> What if I want to add my own module? which file should I update?
> (only main Makefile?)

That to add it to a package.

> First pkg/kamailio/debian-lenny is broken: it failed when applying
> patch. (it seems the patch are the ones that was applied to old
> core version of kamailio)
>
> I was able to do a "make deb" using pkg/debian but as I'm using
> the kamailio branch, I want somebody to confirm this is the correct
> way to go!
Yes, that is. I did the update of pkg/kamailio/debian and generated debs
which are no available for download out of that specs, on a lenny box.

> About TLS: it seems there are several way to have TLS: what is
> the one used in "make deb"? The module solution?

The module solution is recommended and the best -- you just load the
module and you go.

* http://www.asipto.com/