[sr-dev] Your opinion about presence subscription blocking actions

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Feb 24 16:41:09 CET 2010

2010/2/24 Edson - Lists <4lists at gmail.com>:
> Not very polite, neither enlightenment... I can image that Alice and Bob
> would never talk each other again, 'cause they would think that the other
> wan't to have other's 'contact'.... :)

Well, IMHO is worse if the presence server replies 200 for the
SUBSCRIBE and inmediately rejects the subscription with a NOTIFY
containing "Subscription-status: terminated;reason=rejected". In this
way it really seems that bob has blocked alice.
In the other hand, if the proxy responsible for bob rejects the
SUBSCRIBE from alice with 403 it's clear that it's a
realm/inter-provider issue.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>