[sr-dev] git:carstenbock/rtpproxy: - fixed identation

Carsten Bock carsten at bock.info
Sun Aug 22 13:08:45 CEST 2010

Hi Ovidiu,

see my comment inline.

2010/8/20 Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com>

> Hello Carsten,
>
> If you want feedback, a new wiki page should give to users all the
> necessary information about this new functionality.
> The wiki page should provide a link to the location of the new
> rtpproxy code and the tarball should be removed from the git repo.

I will add a Wiki-Page about this new feature next week.

> Is there a chance to integrate this new functionality into the main
> rtpproxy project?

There is no tracker like on the rtpproxy.org homepage. I will check next
week, how i can add my patch to the project.

> Also, this feature should be somehow standardized as rtpproxy is used
> by many SIP servers.
> There may be deployments where one instance of rtpproxy can serve
> simultaneously several different servers (sippy b2bua, ser, kamailio,
> opensips).  How is this going to affect the functionality of this new
> feature?

That should not be a problem. The functionality is acitivated using the API
from rtpproxy and it is strictly implemented not to affect other
implementations. E.g. sippy b2bua will use the unix-socket like now, ser,
kamailio (early versions) or opensips will simply not use this function,
unless (of course) adapted to do so.

> Another possible scenario is having two kamailio servers using the
> same rtproxy: when an rtp timeout occurs, the timeout notification
> will it be sent to the right sever?

Each server sends it's own (configurable) XML-RPC-Adress to the RTP-Proxy,
so the RTP-Proxy can distinguish.

> Running a version of rtpproxy from git trunk with extra functionality
> is not production ready.  A patch to an official release would be more
> appealing for testing, but as I previously said, the best option would
> be to integrate this functionality into the main rtpproxy repo.  Have
> you contacted the rtpproxy team about this new functionality?

Not yet, but i will.

Carsten

> Regards,
> Ovidiu Sas
>
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Carsten Bock <carsten at bock.info> wrote:
> > Hi Andrei,
> > You are totally correct. It is just for temporary non-local storage.
> > I wanted to do some more tests and i wanted to give others the
> possibility
> > to test and to give me feedback.
> > All changes should be fully backward compatible and the extension to the
> > RTP-Proxy is automatically en-/disabled using configure and autoconf.
> >
> > Carsten

> http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/sip-router/?a=commit;h=262e55278e8b8b0e853f00465c38e3a9d13694f0

> needs
> >>
> >> Wouldn't be better to add just a patch to the standard rtpproxy and/or
> >> provide a url where one could get the modified version?
> >> Having foreign tar.gz in the sr repository seems strange to me.

> for
> >>
> >> Would this module work also with the standard rtpproxy?
> >> Can it be compiled without the extra libs?
> >> If not, forking it might be a good idea  (e.g. standard rtpproxy for
> >> easy upgrade and people that don't need the extra features and modified
> >>  rtpproxy with more features).
> >>

> >> Andrei

> > --
> > Carsten Bock