[sr-dev] More about locally generated 408

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Apr 14 10:59:31 CEST 2010

2010/4/14 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> but if it is a 408 received, without any prior 1xx, t_branch_replied() will
> be false, right?

As far as I understand the doc it should be 'true'. This is, if I'm
right t_branch_replied() is true if the winning branch has received
*any* response (provisional or final).

Also, if I'm right, t_branch_timeout() returns true just in case
fr_timer or fr_inv_timer (after receiving provisional responses)
expires. Using both functions there is a definitive way to check if
the winning branch is a local 408 due to fr_timer (exactly what I
wanted to achieve).

> Maybe a new function t_is_local_reply() would be good to return true if it
> is a local generated (faked) reply or false for received reply.

As it was in kamailio < 3.0 :)

However, in which cases (apart from the local timeout) is it useful to
determine if a response is locally generated? I just can imagine it
for downstream TCP errors.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo