[sr-dev] More about locally generated 408

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:28:19 CEST 2010

On 4/14/10 7:58 AM, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2010 at 10:11, I??aki Baz Castillo<ibc at aliax.net>  wrote:
>
>> 2010/4/13 Daniel-Constantin Mierla<miconda at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> in 3.0 there are some extra functions that may help figuring out the type of
>>> timeout - t_branch_timeout() and t_branch_replied():
>>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tm.html#t_branch_timeout
>>>
>> It could be valid, yes:
>>
>> failure_route[0]{
>>    if (t_branch_timeout()){
>>      if (t_branch_replied())
>>        log("timeout after receiving a reply (no answer?)\n");
>>      else
>>        log("timeout, remote side seems to be down\n");
>>       # ...
>>    }
>> }
>>

>> However I wonder if the description of the funcion is correct:
>>
>> ------------------
>> 1.5.21.  t_branch_replied()
>>
>> Returns true if the failure route is executed for a branch that did
>> receive at least one reply in the past (the "current" reply is not
>> taken into account). It can be used only from the failure_route.
>> -------------------
>>
>> What does is mean "Returns true if the failure route is executed for a
>> branch that ..."?
>> Perhaps it means "Returns true if the failure route is executed for a
>> winning branch that ..."?
>>
> Yes: returns true if the winning branch received at least one reply in
> the past (winning branch == branch for each the failure route is
> executed).

but if it is a 408 received, without any prior 1xx, t_branch_replied()
will be false, right?

Maybe a new function t_is_local_reply() would be good to return true if
it is a local generated (faked) reply or false for received reply.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *