[sr-dev] some sip router processes won't die

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Sep 29 10:05:30 CEST 2009

On Sep 29, 2009 at 09:40, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > It's strange, That's the pkg memory status (memory dump at the end, for
>  > debugging).
>
> andrei,
>
> i don't have that kind of debugging on, so why is it trying to dump the
> memory?

I'll fix that. It should try to print it only if memlog<=debug. Right
now it won't print anything if memlog>debug, but it will still iterate
on all the memory fragments.

>  > One possibility is that there is a lot to log (e.g. memory leak?) and
>  > the syslog daemon slows things down.
>
> this happens only once in a while.  perhaps a memory leak would make it
> happen more often.

It's not the syslog. According to your debug value nothing will be
printed to the syslog.

>  > Did you change memlog in the .cfg? What was your debug level?
>
> i don't set memlog in my .cfg file so it is whatever the default value
> is.  debug is 2.

melog is 3 by default, so you won't get anything printed.

>  > Do you have in the log, line containing: "fm_status"? If so could you
>  > send me the output of grep "f_malloc\.c" logfile ?
>
> there is no such line in syslog.
>
>  > Does the same happen if you compile with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC and without
>  >  -DF_MALLOC (qm_malloc might catch a problem sooner)?
>
> i have these:
>
> 	 -DPKG_MALLOC \
> 	 -DSHM_MEM  -DSHM_MMAP \
> 	 -DF_MALLOC \
>
> i'll compile with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC to see if there is any difference.
> but again, why print memory at shutdown when DBG_QM_MALLOC is not
> enabled?

It should, if memlog < debug (default it's not). It's a good way to
debug possible memleaks on production systems and once fixed it will
have no impact when not enabled from the .cfg or sercmd.

Andrei