[sr-dev] some sip router processes won't die

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Sep 29 08:40:13 CEST 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > It's strange, That's the pkg memory status (memory dump at the end, for
 > debugging).

andrei,

i don't have that kind of debugging on, so why is it trying to dump the
memory?

 > One possibility is that there is a lot to log (e.g. memory leak?) and
 > the syslog daemon slows things down.

this happens only once in a while.  perhaps a memory leak would make it
happen more often.

 > Did you change memlog in the .cfg? What was your debug level?

i don't set memlog in my .cfg file so it is whatever the default value
is.  debug is 2.

 > Do you have in the log, line containing: "fm_status"? If so could you
 > send me the output of grep "f_malloc\.c" logfile ?

there is no such line in syslog.

 > Does the same happen if you compile with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC and without
 >  -DF_MALLOC (qm_malloc might catch a problem sooner)?

i have these:

	 -DPKG_MALLOC \
	 -DSHM_MEM  -DSHM_MMAP \
	 -DF_MALLOC \

i'll compile with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC to see if there is any difference.
but again, why print memory at shutdown when DBG_QM_MALLOC is not
enabled?

-- juha