[sr-dev] personal summary of what still needs to be done

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Sep 19 15:55:19 CEST 2009

El Sábado, 19 de Septiembre de 2009, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul escribió:
> However one can override it, by simply adding branches in the failure
> route (the ideea being that if you add a branch in the failure route,
> you know what you're doing an you want forking re-enabled). If I understand
> correctly this is mostly equivalent to disable_6xx_block=1, at least for
> the voicemail scenario.
>
> Am I correct in assuming that we don't need it, because sr handles this
> automatically?

You miss the usual case in which there is parallel forking and a "wrong" UAS
replies 603 "Decline" (instead of a better 480 code). The 603 reply makes the
proxy cancelling the parallel branch (still ringing in other branch) and this
is, commonly, an undesirable behaviour.

So IMHO, "disable_6xx_block" as it's implemented in Kamailio TM module should
also exist in SR as its funcionality is not covered by the current code.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>