[sr-dev] personal summary of what still needs to be done

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sat Sep 19 00:07:25 CEST 2009

On Sep 18, 2009 at 23:36, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> >
> > - tm needs to have param
> >
> > 1.3.18. disable_6xx_block (integer)
>
> I can help you with this one. Do I understand it correctly that this
> was implemented in Kamailio and you need to integrated it into the
> shared tm module?

Actually I'm not sure that's needed.

sip-router handles 6xx in the rfc way (cancels all branches on which no
reply was received and stops forking). This should be equivalent to
 disable_6xx_block=0.

However one can override it, by simply adding branches in the failure
route (the ideea being that if you add a branch in the failure route,
you know what you're doing an you want forking re-enabled). If I understand
correctly this is mostly equivalent to disable_6xx_block=1, at least for
the voicemail scenario.

Am I correct in assuming that we don't need it, because sr handles this
automatically?

Andrei