[sr-dev] SER crash : Segmentation fault

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Sep 9 13:11:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 04, 2009 at 18:06, inge <inge at legos.fr> wrote:
> Hello Andrei,
>
> I wonder what is involved in migration to SER 2.0 versus 0.9.5. I read
> that UID is used now to identify the users instead of username for
> example, so we can anticipate impacts on internal processes and SERWeb.

Yes, uid and did (for domains) are now used internally.
There is a script which might help in migrating a database:
http://www.iptel.org/ser/migrate_db

> Can I find a detailed list which these changelog ?

Try
http://www.iptel.org/basic_changes_in_configuration_file_0
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ser;a=blob;f=ser/NEWS;h=02543746
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ser;a=blob;f=ser/ChangeLog;h=f97521

I don't remember exactly, hopefully there is a more complete migration
guide somewhere (maybe somebody else can help if I missed anything).

> Is it not more reasonnable to migrate in 0.9.7? Mainly to solve our
> initial bug with Seg Fault and optionnaly to have new features.

Yes, in your case migration to 0.9.7 should be painless (there are no
config or db changes, only bugfixes, so you wouldn't need to change
anything).

Andrei