[sr-dev] Modules_s :: Missing docs

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Oct 23 16:19:08 CEST 2009

Henning,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Henning Westerholt
<henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Freitag, 23. Oktober 2009, Jan Janak wrote:
>> > oracle
>>
>> This module has a hand-written README. Theoretically, modules_s/oracle
>> and modules_k/db_oracle should have been merged into one, just like we
>> did it for other database drivers. However, it takes some work to
>> update modules_s/oracle and this is a low-priority for me, because the
>> module appears to be unmaintained.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> on the kamailio side i never get around to really test this one. It was
> contributed some time ago, but the developer did not did any updates later
> on. I fixed some time ago a bug which was introduced during some renames
> which was reported, and also Daniel mentioned sometimes (i think) that he
> knows about some people who using it.. So it seems that there are some
> users, but then they fix the bug perhaps in their internal repositories, so
> i also have the opinion that its more or less unmaintained right now.

OK, thanks for the info. So what if we (after we unfreeze again), move
Kamailio's db_oracle into the shared module directory and get rid of
modules_s/oracle? The module would be usable with Kamailio modules but
not with SER modules. We can modify it to print an error message if
somebody tries to use it with SER modules.

Over time we can either update the module so that both versions of the
database API (if there is interest), or keep it that way.

I am sure that nobody is using the SER version of the module because
it does not work anymore after my changes of the database layer and I
think there is no need to keep it in the repository.

  -- Jan