[sr-dev] setting $du in branch route has no effect

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Oct 20 14:12:13 CEST 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > If $du=... means setting the dst_uri in the branch route, then this is
 > not currently supported (in ser tm we felt that overriding branch
 > destinations doesn't make sense) and might lead to bugs (previously
 > there was no way of setting it from the script).
 >
 > I'll see what I can do, but it might take a while / a few days.

andrei,

if setting of $du in branch route cannot be made to work in ser, then i
simply cannot use sr.  the key logic of my config script depends on that
capability.

i decide in branch route block if a particular branch needs to get
routed back to the proxy itself and if so, i set $du to 127.0.0.1 at a
certain port.  it has worked like that in k for many years.

-- juha