[sr-dev] git:kamailio_3.0: core: added new event SREV_CORE_STATS

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Oct 16 11:30:34 CEST 2009

On Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2009, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>  > Since K 3.0 has pretty tight schedule in release policy, some of these
>  > patches go first there, but can be ported to sr3.0 if people find them
>  > useful and if there are devs having time for them in this period, or
>  > after K3.0 release, either directly or in defines.
>
> in my opinion tight schedule is no excuse to break the one core + tm
> policy.  now there is two versions of core, which makes testing and bug
> reporting much more difficult.  i'm not going to use k version of core
> and this kind of rule breaking makes me feel very bad about the whole
> project.

Hello Juha,

i agree with you that its important that try to minimize the difference
between the kamailio and sip-router 3.0. branch. But i also understand Daniel,
we should try to get a kamailio 3.0 release out of the door soon, so that
there is something usable for the folks upgrading from the version 1.5.

The feature in question (Core statistics) are not in the sr core for
performance reasons, but i think should be able to merge them enclosed in an
ifdef, if we not get to a technical better solution soon.

Regards,

Henning