[sr-dev] git:kamailio_3.0: core: added new event SREV_CORE_STATS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:12:50 CEST 2009

On 15.10.2009 18:59 Uhr, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > Since K 3.0 has pretty tight schedule in release policy, some of these
>  > patches go first there, but can be ported to sr3.0 if people find them
>  > useful and if there are devs having time for them in this period, or
>  > after K3.0 release, either directly or in defines.
>
> in my opinion tight schedule is no excuse to break the one core + tm
> policy.  now there is two versions of core, which makes testing and bug
> reporting much more difficult.  i'm not going to use k version of core
> and this kind of rule breaking makes me feel very bad about the whole
> project.

this was set from the initial meeting and they way everything is
supposed to evolve. It is nothing broken here, just we have to ensure
easy migration, otherwise nobody will be able to update. Gradually these
features (unique or duplicated) will be removed/replaced. You can use
what ever version you want being very familiar with SR code tree, K 3.0
has a clear target: Kamailio 1.5 users.

If there won't be any difference then is no point in having two names
for same release.

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/