[sr-dev] mi_rpc and xmlrpc modules - explanation?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 15 02:32:33 CEST 2009

15 okt 2009 kl. 02.09 skrev Olle E. Johansson:

> Hi folks!
>
> Klaus and I are trying to organize some documentation efforts here
> at Astricon, but we have been sidetracked by all the fun people
> around... :-)
>
> Anyway, I was spending a few minutes looking at mi_rpc and xmlrpc
> and don't really get what's up with these modules. We must lack some
> serious documentation here, on why we have two modules. mi_rpc is
> poorly documented, too.
>
> Anyone that can explain if these are just the same modules or if the
> case is that they are totally different and tell me that I'm stupid
> and totally forgot to read documentation?

Continued digging, since this bothers me...

Seems like we have an RPC interface in the core, use by serctl, using
something called "binrpc"
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=blob;f=utils/sercmd/README

mi_rpc exports Kamailio's MI interface over RPC.

XMLRPC seems to be a an XMLRPC wrapper to the RPC core interface.

Which means that using mi_rpc *and* xmlrpc I can send mi commands over
xmlrpc, right?

Now, will we have the ser "raw" RPCs and Kamailio's mi commands side
by side? Any official plan for the future?

/O