[sr-dev] SNMPstats module

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 2 07:30:06 CEST 2009

1 okt 2009 kl. 19.06 skrev Jan Janak:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>
> wrote:
>>> OK, but since I haven't been using it heavily, I cannot say how is
>>> better
>>> to have the OID trees. Therefore I can help a bit more with
>>> messing that
>>> with doing it right from first time :-) .
>>
>> My thinking is that we might at some point end up having to specify
>> our own
>> LDAP schemas. Having a nicely build OID tree makes it more simple
>> to handle
>> this, since LDAP schemas use OIDs as identifiers as well. I guess
>> that other
>> developers can come up other  protocols that use OIDs too :-)
>>
>> Any more input from the rest of the crowd before I move ahead and
>> start
>> messing with this?
>
> Some time ago I came up with a system for the iptel.org PEN. I
> structured the space so that we can store RADIUS attributes and LDAP
> attributes and objects there. You can find an example below.
>
> 24960 is the PEN for iptel.org. 24960.0 is reserved for RADIUS.
> 24960.1 is reserved for LDAP. 24960.1.0 are LDAP attributes, 2496.1.1
> are LDAP objects, and so on. Following this pattern you can simply
> allocate 24960.2 for everything related to SNMP.
Ok, you just confirmed my thoughts and added radius to this soup.
THANKS!

> By the way, I asked for this number to be reassigned to the sip-router
> project. If approved it is possible that the number 24960 will become
> a new enterprise number for the sip-router project.

Then we will have an interesting situation.

1) Move the snmpstats module from modules_k to core modules.
2) Have a party, get drunk and make a decision whether to use sip-
router OID or Kamailio or both

In the "both" alternative, we need to maintain two sets of MIBS. Since
a lot of the stuff we have in the Kamailio MIB today actually seems
copied from SIP MIB, it won't affect many settings.

Regardless of the outcome of the MIB/OID/PEN battle we can start
looking into migration to the SIP mib.

/Olle