[sr-dev] SNMPstats module

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Thu Oct 1 19:06:50 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>> OK, but since I haven't been using it heavily, I cannot say how is better
>> to have the OID trees. Therefore I can help a bit more with messing that
>> with doing it right from first time :-) .
>
> My thinking is that we might at some point end up having to specify our own
> LDAP schemas. Having a nicely build OID tree makes it more simple to handle
> this, since LDAP schemas use OIDs as identifiers as well. I guess that other
> developers can come up other  protocols that use OIDs too :-)
>
> Any more input from the rest of the crowd before I move ahead and start
> messing with this?

Some time ago I came up with a system for the iptel.org PEN. I
structured the space so that we can store RADIUS attributes and LDAP
attributes and objects there. You can find an example below.

24960 is the PEN for iptel.org. 24960.0 is reserved for RADIUS.
24960.1 is reserved for LDAP. 24960.1.0 are LDAP attributes, 2496.1.1
are LDAP objects, and so on. Following this pattern you can simply
allocate 24960.2 for everything related to SNMP.

By the way, I asked for this number to be reassigned to the sip-router
project. If approved it is possible that the number 24960 will become
a new enterprise number for the sip-router project.

  |-------------------+----+-----+-----+-------------------------|
  | 1.3.6.1.4.1.24960 |    |     |     | iptel.org               |
  |                   | .0 |     |     | RADIUS                  |
  |                   |    |  .1 |     | SER-Uri-User            |
  |                   |    |  .2 |     | SER-Group               |
  |                   |    |  .3 |     | SER-Rpid                |
  |                   |    |  .4 |     | SER-Attrs               |
  |                   |    |  .5 |     | SER-From                |
  |                   |    |  .6 |     | SER-Flags               |
  |                   |    |  .7 |     | SER-Original-Request-ID |
  |                   |    |  .8 |     | SER-To                  |
  |                   |    |  .9 |     | SER-Digest-Username     |
  |                   |    | .10 |     | SER-Digest-Realm        |
  |                   |    | .11 |     | SER-Request-Timestamp   |
  |                   |    | .12 |     | SER-To-DID              |
  |                   |    | .13 |     | SER-From-UID            |
  |                   |    | .14 |     | SER-From-DID            |
  |                   |    | .15 |     | SER-To-UID              |
  |                   |    | .16 |     | SER-Response-Timestamp  |
  |                   | .1 |     |     | LDAP                    |
  |                   |    |  .0 |     | Attribute               |
  |                   |    |     |  .0 | authUsername            |
  |                   |    |     |  .1 | authRealm               |
  |                   |    |     |  .2 | password                |
  |                   |    |     |  .3 | sipUID                  |
  |                   |    |     |     |                         |
  |                   |    |     |  .5 | HA1                     |
  |                   |    |     |  .6 | HA1B                    |
  |                   |    |     |  .7 | sipDID                  |
  |                   |    |     |  .8 | sipDomain               |
  |                   |    |     |  .9 | forSER                  |
  |                   |    |     | .10 | forSERWeb               |
  |                   |    |     | .11 | disabled                |
  |                   |    |     | .12 | sipFromURI              |
  |                   |    |     | .13 | sipToURI                |
  |                   |    |     | .14 | avp                     |
  |                   |    |     | .15 | accountActive           |
  |                   |    |     | .16 | mailDrop                |
  |                   |    |     | .17 | mailSource              |
  |                   |    |  .1 |     | Object                  |
  |                   |    |     |  .0 | sipAccount              |
  |                   |    |     |  .1 | sipDomain               |
  |                   |    |     |  .2 | sipUser                 |
  |                   |    |     |  .3 | mailAlias               |
  |                   |    |     |  .4 | jabberUsername          |

   Jan.