[sr-dev] alias_contact()/handle_alias() ready for testing

Mon Nov 9 13:24:01 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> El Lunes, 9 de Noviembre de 2009, Juha Heinanen escribió:
>> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>>  > There is a problem here as Record-Route are not needed for in-dialog
>>  > request (the proxy can add it but the UAS should ignore it as RR just
>>  > makes sense in the initial request and response forming the dialog).
>>
>> yes, i meant that the rr test would only be used on initial request.
>>
>>  > What about calling alias_contact() just in case nat_test() detects the
>>  > following two requeriments:
>>  >
>>  > 1) The IP in Contact is private.
>>  > 2) There is no ";alias" param in Contact URI.
>>  >
>>  > Of course a new nat_test flag would be needed for point 2.
>>
>> i can add test (2) to alias_contact() function itself.  but (1) is not
>> enough, since alias_contact() definitely needs to be called also when
>> request arrives over tcp.
>
> If proxy B receives a TCP request from proxy A, why should proxy B call
> alias_contact()?

True. We do not have keep-alive mechanisms between proxies, thus it
might happen that the TCP connection will be closed and the port in the
alias is not useable anymore.

That's also a reason why IMO there should it should be possible to use
the alias function without auto-magic, and  implement the usage rules in
the script. And once we have found the proper usage rules, implement
them and activate them using a certain flag/parameter.

regards
klaus