[sr-dev] alias_contact()/handle_alias() ready for testing

Mon Nov 9 12:47:57 CET 2009

Juha Heinanen schrieb:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>  > What about calling alias_contact() just in case nat_test() detects the
>  > following two requeriments:
>  >
>  > 1) The IP in Contact is private.
>  > 2) There is no ";alias" param in Contact URI.
>  >
>  > Of course a new nat_test flag would be needed for point 2.
>
> inaki,
>
> the rule is: do not call alias_contact(), when request or reply comes
> from a proxy.  so even if there is no ;alias in contact, alias_contact()
> must not be called when request or reply comes from a proxy.

It is not possible to detect if a reply comes from a proxy or not. You
could add the alias anyway and handle the problem in "handle_alias": If
alias parameter is removed from RURI (in-dialog request), set $du only
if it was not already set by loose_route().

Further, alias_contact() must also be called on in-dialog
requests/responses.

I think the functions are great to have, but would like different naming
(either have "alias" always at the beginning or at the end of the
function name).

e.g: add_alias(), handle_alias()

regards
klaus