[SR-Dev] [Kamailio-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser:[5679] trunk/etc/kamailio.cfg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:57:43 CET 2009

On 03/10/2009 10:39 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > what I was saying is that many errors can happen before actually
>  > creating the transaction. And if there is a bad formatted sip message
>  > then the transaction is not created. Without a transaction, failure
>  > route cannot be called.
>
> but in case of tcp forwarding failure, failure route is not called even
> when transaction is created.  i consider that a bug.

I know this. We discussed in the past. Note that also for UDP the
failure route is not called if send function fails. It is called only
when there is a retransmission timeout. Failure route is called upon a
negative reply or by timer process, not by the process routing the request.

> what comes to not creating transaction is sip request is badly
> formatted, are you saying that if i call t_newtran() in script when sip
> request has syntax error, the call fails?

Yes, if the message cannot be parsed and cloned in shared memory,
transaction is not created.

>   if not, what you say is not
> true.
>
>  > There will be lot to debate on sip transaction specs and handling.
>  > sr-dev is the right to discuss the future of this one.
>
> yes, i cc'ed sr-dev.

I wanted to say that some parts of transaction handling is a matter of
interpreting the specs and developer perspective. A new design/approach
for transaction handling should be properly discussed for sip-router on
sr-dev.

The failure_route is intended for SIP failure case, not for tm module
failure or transport layer failure. You look to it more as t_relay()
failure, this is a different perspective.

http://www.asipto.com