[SR-Dev] Will SIP-Router handle better TCP childs avoiding blocking?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Mar 3 08:58:50 CET 2009

On Mar 03, 2009 at 09:51, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > If you set tcp_async=yes (or its obsoleted alias tcp_buf_write) in the
>  > config it will be non-blocking. I'm still considering whether or not to
>  > make it the default.
>

> if it works, i think it should be default.
>
> if tcp connection establishment fails, will failure route (if set) be
> executed?  in kamailio it will not, which is a BIG mess.

No, if connect or send fails you'll have to rely on tm timeouts.
If the connect or send fails immediately (never seen in practice but
theoretically possible), it behaves like the old tcp.

BTW: I don't think that for immediate errors (like send failing in
kamailio tcp) one should call the failure route. You can always detect this
using something like if (t_relay())... and you have more control this way.

Andrei