[sr-dev] git:master: * Core, etc, documentation: renamed ser to sip-router

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:57:02 CEST 2009

On 06/24/2009 08:38 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > I am of same opinion, my focus was to get things integrated, but the
>  > changes started to happen already, being committed without a proper
>  > discussion here -- not something good from collaboration point of
>  > view.
>
> i asked about renaming of ser.cfg on the list and jan replied that it is
> ok.
so probably this means the entire project, or? IIRC I replied quite
quickly questioning such decision and suggesting to keep ser for now.

>  if project does not like its own name to be used in default
> configuration then please go ahead and undo the changes.  i'm not going
> to get involved with anything that has 'ser' or 'kamailio' hardwired in
> the default config or makefiles.

I think such attitude is not going anywhere. What is missing now is that
I would say "I am not going to be involved in anything having sip-router
hardwired". Sad to see this.

The problem that is risen now is the type of actions taken, while we
agreed that any changes to common framework have to be properly
discussed on devel list, radical changes were done without this rule. I
know that this particular issue is a matter of tastes and personal
preferences, that's why needs careful handling.

It might be easier and nicer for you now, but you just broke about 10
testing instances I have.

Jumping and changing quickly is not a solution, coming back asking
others to do update to something else if they do not like the current
just committed is more like chaos. In this way, during one day we can
get hell-out of many names.

http://www.asipto.com/