[sr-dev] Server trying outgoing TCP (TLS) connection, gets blocked

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jun 24 17:55:58 CEST 2009

> Hi Andrei!
>
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul schrieb:
> >For the same "versions" (ser 2.1 or sip-router) you can stop outgoing
> >connects by setting tcp_no_connect to yes. You can do this any time,
> >even even if sip-router is already started (in this case using
> >sercmd cfg.set_now_int tcp no_connect 1).
>
> Cool. I did not knew this feature.
>
> But it would be great if this feature can be activated/deactivated per
> message. For example I want sr to open new TCP connections to trsuted
> nodes (gateways, SIP proxies, peering partners) but not to user agents.
>
> Thus, it would be great if triggering of this feature can be done with a
> function call or a flag.

This is not so easy because it would involve changing the whole send
part of the transport api (right now the raw transport api does not know
anything about sip messages or extra flags).
I plan to do it along with full INADDR_ANY support (which would require lots
of small changes), but at some later undefined point in time. Async tls
would come before that.

Andrei