[sr-dev] Migration of Open IMS Core to sip-router

Dragos Vingarzan dragos.vingarzan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:57:15 CEST 2009

LOL!

agree with you and for sure a lot of people don't even make the
difference between 110 and 112. From what I can tell, it's more of a use
for inter-emergency-services calls.

Yet it would be embarrassing if your SIP proxy would crash when it gets
such a crazy URN from some emancipated client.

Cheers,
-Dragos

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net
<mailto:ibc at aliax.net>> wrote:

    El Viernes, 24 de Julio de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
     > On 24.07.2009 0:02 Uhr, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
     > > El Jueves, 23 de Julio de 2009, Klaus Darilion escribió:
     > >> I guess he means support for service URNs, like
     > >> urn:service:sos.fire, ...
     > >> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5031
     > >
     > > Yeah, that kind of hyper-exotic and "cool" features coming from
    IETF who
     > > nobody will use/implement.
     > >
     > :-) -- now seems to be an implementation, if it is that.

    AFAIK (but I could be wrong) URN are used by endpoints.
    Real usage example:

    1) The user is in danger since the fridge is empty.

    2) He takes his "IMS-ready" phone and looks for "Emergency" menu.

    3) There he selects: "urn:ietf:params:urn:emergeny:human:no-food"

    4) The hyper-intelligent phone sends automatically a PUBLISH to all its
      watchers containing a header "Accept: Burger" and body:

       <dm:person id="hyper-cool-ietf-ims-oma-phone">
         <rpid:activities>
           <rpid:hungry/>
         </rpid:activities>
         <dm:note>Food please</dm:note>
      </dm:person>

    5) The phone also makes a call to all the proxies close to it with URI:
        "urn:ietf:params:urn:emergeny:human:no-food"

    6) The proxy translates that URI into "sip:112 at LEGACY_GW_IP" and
    routes the
      call.

    7) When the emergency service answers the call, a voice + video +
    MSRP session
      is started. Nothing works due to NAT.

    8) At the same time some IETF member is writting a draft about "urns"
      uri called:
        "draft-ietf-i-am-cool-because-i-write-drafts-secure-urn.txt"

    --
    Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net <mailto:ibc at aliax.net>>

Best Regards,
Dragos Vingarzan