[sr-dev] Migration of Open IMS Core to sip-router

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Jul 24 00:27:14 CEST 2009

El Viernes, 24 de Julio de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> On 24.07.2009 0:02 Uhr, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > El Jueves, 23 de Julio de 2009, Klaus Darilion escribió:
> >> I guess he means support for service URNs, like
> >> urn:service:sos.fire, ...
> >> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5031
> >
> > Yeah, that kind of hyper-exotic and "cool" features coming from IETF who
> > nobody will use/implement.
> >
> :-) -- now seems to be an implementation, if it is that.

AFAIK (but I could be wrong) URN are used by endpoints.
Real usage example:

1) The user is in danger since the fridge is empty.

2) He takes his "IMS-ready" phone and looks for "Emergency" menu.

3) There he selects: "urn:ietf:params:urn:emergeny:human:no-food"

4) The hyper-intelligent phone sends automatically a PUBLISH to all its
   watchers containing a header "Accept: Burger" and body:

    <dm:person id="hyper-cool-ietf-ims-oma-phone">
      <rpid:activities>
        <rpid:hungry/>
      </rpid:activities>
      <dm:note>Food please</dm:note>
   </dm:person>

5) The phone also makes a call to all the proxies close to it with URI:
     "urn:ietf:params:urn:emergeny:human:no-food"

6) The proxy translates that URI into "sip:112 at LEGACY_GW_IP" and routes the
   call.

7) When the emergency service answers the call, a voice + video + MSRP session
   is started. Nothing works due to NAT.

8) At the same time some IETF member is writting a draft about "urns"
   uri called:
     "draft-ietf-i-am-cool-because-i-write-drafts-secure-urn.txt"

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>