[sr-dev] crash with dialog module

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jul 19 17:29:41 CEST 2009

> Alex Balashov writes:
>
>  > The dialog message is also rather ambitious in its aims;  it tackles
> some
>  > rather complicated state-keeping tasks.  Complex design, many possible
>  > state permutations, and the need to carefully and precisely manage
>  > numerous elements of data persistence in all scenarios in a deductively
>  > rigourous way are attributes that result in more bugs as well.
>
> i agree.  dialog module has adopted a very complex task that is not what
> a sip proxy is normally supposed to do.

True, although it is also one of the project's most useful, innovative and
distinguishing features, and I would not advocate its disappearance under
any circumstances.

The new inventions Daniel introduced in 1.5.x - especially dlg_bridge() -
have also served me incredibly well.  It's allowed me to totally ditch
Asterisk in a couple of outbound call broadcast scenarios.  Great stuff!

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems