[sr-dev] CVS:commitlog: sip_router/modules/iptrtpproxy/examples clean_rtpproxy_attrs

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jul 15 14:40:22 CEST 2009

On Jul 15, 2009 at 09:23, Edson - Lists <4lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need some help to understand this...
>
> Not the reported correction, but why are corrections/improvements still
> being done with CVS, when all sip-router related
> corrections/improvements should be done with git (as my understand)?

There are still people using ser 2.1 in production. For some it's very
difficult to switch to git (they have internal repositories tracking
the cvs and it will take some time to update them to use git).
In general if a bug affects ser too, we will fix it in ser (and for
there it will be propagated in sip-router). There are also some minor
improvements that will appear via ser.

> Are this 'improvements' also available in the git repository? Or are
> they specific to SER 'old version'??? But if so, why applied over
> sip-router module?

They will be. We have semi-automatic merging with ser setup (meaning the
merge command is run "by hand", but the rest is automatic).