[sr-dev] xmlrcp request takes very long time

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Jul 6 23:50:38 CEST 2009

On Jul 06, 2009 at 22:37, Ra?l Alexis Betancor Santana <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:
> On Monday 06 July 2009 21:41:40 Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > i may be wrong, but it is hard for me to believe that python xmlrpclib
> > would be badly broken, because it is very widely used.
>
> I also doub that xmlrpclib it's the problem

Being standard HTTP, the xmlrpc client should close the connection after
receiving the answer (if it doesn't want a connection persistent mode)
and not the reverse.

> > i don't know if it is ok that lines end with only one char and that the
> > last line does not end with anything.
>
> It's not ok, as per HTTP/1.1 RFC, headers lines must end with <CR><LF> then an
> empy <CR><LF> line must be used as boundary between headers and body and
> finaly HTTP request or response must end with <CR><LF> on its own line.
> So taking into account that xmlrpc it's XML over HTTP, we must follow the RFC
> on that.

Juha meant only the xml body. All the HTTP header lines are CRLF
terminated.

> > for comparison, mi xmlrpc module terminates each body line (including
> > the last) with both cr and lf:
>
> I have not read HTTP/1.1 RFC line by line .. so I could not tell that it's
> true for all body lines, but we must follow the specs about header/body
> boundary and all other specs.

It's true only for the headers. How the body looks depends on what does
it carry. For the case of xmlrpc it's xml which is quite free-form (you
 can have the whole xml part on one line if you want to).

Andrei