[sr-dev] xmlrcp request takes very long time

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Jul 6 23:37:55 CEST 2009

On Monday 06 July 2009 21:41:40 Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i may be wrong, but it is hard for me to believe that python xmlrpclib
> would be badly broken, because it is very widely used.

I also doub that xmlrpclib it's the problem

> i don't know if it is ok that lines end with only one char and that the
> last line does not end with anything.

It's not ok, as per HTTP/1.1 RFC, headers lines must end with <CR><LF> then an
empy <CR><LF> line must be used as boundary between headers and body and
finaly HTTP request or response must end with <CR><LF> on its own line.
So taking into account that xmlrpc it's XML over HTTP, we must follow the RFC
on that.

> for comparison, mi xmlrpc module terminates each body line (including
> the last) with both cr and lf:

I have not read HTTP/1.1 RFC line by line .. so I could not tell that it's
true for all body lines, but we must follow the specs about header/body
boundary and all other specs.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual