[sr-dev] osp dependencies

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Jul 3 13:58:10 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul<andrei at iptel.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Today I moved osp module into "modules". Now it does not compile any
>> more because it links against rr and auth module, but there is no rr
>> auth in "modules" yet. Should I just change it to include rr and auth
>> from "modules_k" or should I move it back to "modules_k" directory?
>
> It's unlikely that the same version would work with both ser rr & auth
> and k rr & auth (but I might be wrong).
> To be on the safe side I think you should move it back (to modules_k and
> modules_s) and make a note somewhere on the wiki (maybe a new page about
> module merge effort) that merging failed only because dependencies on rr
> and auth.
> You could use git revert <commit_hash> to undo your original commit.

This particular module heavily depends on the tm callbacks and thus we
should have only one version and that is the version which is works
with the tm module from ser. I don't know which version Klaus took,
but I would suggest to take a version which works with our current
version of tm and add missing features to it from the other
implementation (i.e. the rr and auth stuff which originally linked
with headers in modules_k).

As far as I can remember there were only minor differences between the
two versions, such as that the ser version did not use the rr api, or
something like that. But that should easy to fix.

  Jan.