[sr-dev] command name sercmd hardwired in Makefile

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Jul 1 17:54:30 CEST 2009

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:

 > How about only installing using a different name? Let it compile to
 > sercmd, but make install would install it under UT_NAME (one could
 >  do a sed -e 's/^ser/$(UT_NAME)'  in install-utils:).

since utils/sercmd/Makefile has

NAME=sercmd

it would be cleaner to add to Makefile.defs

SERCMD_NAME=sercmd and then in utils/sercmd/Makefile replace the above
with

NAME=$(SERCMD_NAME)

and then in main Makefile

utils_bin_install=	utils/gen_ha1/gen_ha1 utils/sercmd/$(SERCMD_NAME)

on the other hand, why can't installation be done in
utils/sercmd/Makefile under name NAME?

 > > and also in modules_s/ctl/ctl_defaults.h instead of ser:
 > >
 > > #define DEFAULT_CTL_SOCKET  "unixs:/tmp/ser_ctl"
 >
 > That would be even more tricky. You would have to fix possible mentions
 > in the docs and even then differently named sercmds will use
 > different default
 > sockets => lost of "support" problems.

that is what you get when/if the plan is to have build several products
with different names from the same sources.  a common name sip-router
would have been fine with me, but not with some other people.  vote on
this is still to be done, however.

-- juha