[sr-dev] problem with locally generated ACKs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:43:03 CET 2009

On 12/18/09 2:37 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>   >  >  in the case that i reported, the ack was to 200 ok and thus not part of
>   >  >  invite/200 ok transaction.  in that case, the ack should be sent to
>   >  >  contact uri of 200 ok (there was no rr in 200 ok).
>   >  >
>   >  ahh, right, I got it wrong in the first place.
>
> but reply could be negative too.  the system has to work no matter if
> positive or negative reply is received.

of course. Somehow I understood you are talking about ack to negative
replies. cancel and ack for negative replies are auto-generated and do
not trigger the local-request event route.
>   >  Then, in this case, might be good to call the event_route as well. I was
>   >  thinking the case of negative reply, where no much could have been done
>   >  in terms of routing.
>
> you mean calling event_route on ack?  according to xlog call that i have
> in event_route [tm:local-request], it is NOT called on ack to 200 ok.

tm:local-request is triggered only by the call of t_uac function from
tm. But I'm thinking whether makes sense or not to have it as well for
ACK of 200ok for local transactions -- this is generated by tm in other
place. All the other requests (again, apart of cancel and ack)
self-generated by proxy go via t_uac.

* http://www.asipto.com/