[SR-Dev] git:master: * Modules: presence

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Apr 24 22:32:47 CEST 2009

Juha,

On 23-04 19:26, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > I guess the main reason for having a Makefile for docs per each module
>  > is to be able to customize the parameters (different xsl, stylesheet,
>  > etc..). Similar as for Makefile of each module sources. I just analyzed
>  > what was used in SR and converted some of K modules to use it. IMO, it
>  > is more flexible approach atthe expense of having a Makefile there.
>
> sure it gives more options, but if there is no Makefile in a module dir,
> then the default one (the one you suggested on wiki page) could be
> autogenerated.

The advantage of have a makefile in the doc subdirectory is more flexibility,
as Daniel explained. We could certainly test if the makefile is missing in a
doc subdirectory and then assume that modname.xml is the only docbook source
to be processed. But then we would have no chance to clean up the resulting
html or txt files on make clean because we would not know if they are
generated by docbook or standalone files.

But adding a simple makefile is easy so I added it to all modules.

  Jan.