[SR-Dev] git:master: * Modules: auth_radius, misc_radius

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Apr 22 13:19:31 CEST 2009

On Apr 20, 2009 at 11:13, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Monday 20 April 2009, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > Moved modules_k/auth_radius and modules_k/misc_radius to modules and
> > removed modules_s/auth_radius, modules_s/avp_radius, and
> > modules_s/uri_radius.
>
> Hi,
>
> i've a question with regards to the module history after the move operation
> With svn one could get the full history of the module even after a move/
> rename operation. With git this is aparently not displayed.
>
> henning at ca:~/sip-router$ git log modules/dialplan/
> commit 904ed822481e11087275aca036e61b7e46506773
> Author: Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>
> Date:   Sat Apr 18 15:02:58 2009 +0300
>
>     * module: dialplan
>
>     Moved from modules_k to modules.
>
> I've tried to add "--follow" to git, but with no success. Perhaps i need to
> add another option to git log, in order to see this information?

It doesn't really work on directories, only on files, e.g.:

git log --follow modules/dialplan/Makefile   will show all the Makefile
history.

To see the full history of a moved directory you need to know the
previous name:

git log modules/dialplan modules_k/dialplan

will show all the history.
(if somebody knows an easier way, please correct me)

Andrei