[SR-Dev] another git and make question

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Apr 21 18:05:33 CEST 2009

On Apr 21, 2009 at 18:38, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> if i delete a file and then do 'git pull', git claims that my repo is
> up to date, which is not true:
>
> jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ rm modules.lst
> jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ git pull
> jh at git.sip-router.org's password:
> Already up-to-date.

modules.lst is not in git, it's autogenerated along with config.mak
(current compile config), makecfg.lst (defs for the compiled code used
when deciding whether or not the code should be rebuilt as a result of
some defs/compile options changes), librpath.lst (library run path, used
to decide whether or not a library using module needs relinking) and
libiname.lst (only on Mac OS X, similar to librpath.lst but per library
instead of per module).

make cfg or make config - regenerate config.mak and modules.lst
make cfg-defs - regenerates only config.mak (defines & compile options)
make modules-cfg or make modules-list or make modules-lst - regenerate
only modules.lst (list of the modules that will be compiled).

There are some examples and very basic docs in INSTALL.

> in svn if i do 'svn update', it fetches for me the missing file.

In git pull works in a similar way.

> if i try explicitly pull the missing file, i get this:
>
> jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ git pull modules.lst
> fatal: 'modules.lst': unable to chdir or not a git archive

Apart from module.lst not being in the repo, you cannot pull only one
file (pull merges the repo version of a branch into your current
branch). You could get the latest with git checkout, e.g.:
git fetch origin
git checkout origin/master Makefile

> does anyone know how to get my repo up to date if files are missing?

Andrei