[SR-Dev] another git and make question

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Apr 21 17:38:19 CEST 2009

if i delete a file and then do 'git pull', git claims that my repo is
up to date, which is not true:

jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ rm modules.lst
jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ git pull
jh at git.sip-router.org's password:
Already up-to-date.

in svn if i do 'svn update', it fetches for me the missing file.

if i try explicitly pull the missing file, i get this:

jh at taimen:/usr/src/orig/sip-router$ git pull modules.lst
fatal: 'modules.lst': unable to chdir or not a git archive

does anyone know how to get my repo up to date if files are missing?

-- juha