[SR-Dev] what to do if function names differ?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Apr 21 13:08:39 CEST 2009

On 21-04 10:41, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
> >
> >  > This is open source
> >  > and as soon as we get community involved, the project evolves much
> >  > better.
> >
> > community is not able to write docs for common modules, e.g., tm.
>
> Why not? Everyone who can read code can write documentation. Granted, tm
> is tricky, but the developers can read over it and point out mistakes.

You actually have to understand the code to be able to document it
properly. Sure, you can always hire a technical writer who will produce
boilerplate like documentation, but I doubt that such documentation will be of
much use.

Developers are in the best position to write documentation, because they can
actually document the ideas behind the code.

But now we are starting a philosophical debate again, sorry, but I couldn't
resist :-).

  Jan.