[SR-Dev] what to do if function names differ?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Apr 21 12:18:16 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> What is almost done? I want to tell people that they can start playing
> with sip-router and K modules are there. In this way we learn what are
> the most used parts and make them work quicker. There is still lot of
> work to do, in regard to MI, statistics, additional processes. I prefer
> to work on something people use, rather than doing blind coding. I am
> not using most of the modules out there, therefore I am not able to test
> them properly.
>
> Somehow I feel you think about a release -- we are far from there.

Hi Daniel,

ok, perhaps i misunderstood you here, just want to make it sure that we don't
create false expectations.

> >  we need to point out clearly the areas where
> > issues exists, and also providing pointers where help is really
> > appreciated.
>
> Are you happy with K documentation? Well, main page of kamailio.org has
> in bottom right corner a poll, it is there for quire some time. Guess
> what community think needs to be improved. Documentation will never be
> satisfactory for everybody, but it grows with the number of people using
> the application.

Sure, i know that we've many issues in kamailio documentation, and the poll
you mentioned mirrors also my impressions i got from user contacts. For a
project of this size there are always several issues in docs, as well in the
code.

> > The basic foundation were not done from the community IMHO,
>
> I think all modules have docs, but not all up to date. The foundation is
> there, take a module, digg the sources and add what is missing in the
> readme. Even simply listing the functions and parameters to docbook with
> the note: "Needs content" is a step forward and great help. It is pretty
> simple to get out of mod interface:
> - parameter name and type
> - function name, number of parameters, where it can be used
> - name for exported PV, MI/RPC commands, ...
>
> Others can come latter and complete.

Good suggestion, perhaps we can start a wiki page with modules that needs some
work on the documentation side, or open bug reports against them.

Cheers,

Henning