[SR-Dev] what to do if function names differ?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Apr 21 11:25:34 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> > community is not able to write docs for common modules, e.g., tm.
>
> Why not? Everyone who can read code can write documentation. Granted, tm
> is tricky, but the developers can read over it and point out mistakes.

Hi Martin,

sure, but the persons that should responsible for this documentation in the
first place is the developer. He/ She is the persons that knows the module
and its caveats the best. And in my experiences this make also sense from a
developer perspective, one gets a bit tired answering the same user questions
again and again.

Later extensions, cleanups, spelling fixes and bug reporting against the docs,
this is what can be efficient be done from the community.

Cheers,

Henning