[SR-Dev] git:master: Merge ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router into my_branch

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Nov 25 13:54:10 CET 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> [..]
> > So what is the correct revision that needs to be reverted?
> >
> > from git log mem/mem.h: f34610e3ec970664efab940592dd2cbd0f48260b
> > from the commit mail: 8d41196809f014e00346785b6517bd2c4051901a
>
> Maybe I've got you wrong: do you want to revert the mem.h changes? the
> merge log commit message? the whole merge?

Hi Andrei,

i'm sorry, but i need to bother you again with my git problems. I reverted the
commit in question correctly, i think. Now i simply want to merge this
branch. I tried a few times like you described, and also on a fresh checkout:

git clone ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
cd sip-router
git branch trie origin/henning/trie
Branch trie set up to track remote branch refs/remotes/origin/henning/trie.

git diff master trie

Shows correctly my changes, and also some other unrelated stuff because of the
master branch advanced after the branching.

git branch -a
* master

git merge trie
Already up-to-date.

Why this don't work? Perhaps something wrong in my configuration? Trying to
merge directly from the remote branch also not work:

git merge origin/henning/trie
Already up-to-date.

Even if 'git diff master origin/henning/trie' shows the correct diff.

Henning