[SR-Dev] git:master: Merge ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router into my_branch

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Nov 24 20:30:45 CET 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> [..]
> >  Merge commit 'origin/henning/trie' into master
> >
> >  * commit 'origin/henning/trie':
> >    add trie to library directory
> >    add SHM_MEM_ERROR and PKG_MEM_ERROR logging macros to mem.h
> >

> > Henning did you forgot to set  merge log to true in your git config
> >  (~/.gitconfig or per repository in  .git/config)?
> > ( git config --get  merge.log  # to see it's value
> >   git config --global merge.log true  # to set it to true)
>
> Hi Andrei,
>
> i'm still trying to wrap my head around this git. ;-) Aparently this merged
> the content from the henning/trie branch into the trunk, the operation i
> wanted to do. But i don't understand the log message, 'my_branch' is a
> local branch on my machine, not sure why this show up, and it should be
> also the other way round. And the diff for the revision is also the other
> way round.
>
> Perhaps i just did it the wrong way. :-/
>
> henning at ca:~/projects/openser/sip-router$ git config --get  merge.log
> true
>
> Perhaps it make sense to revert this commit?

Andrei,

if i take a look at git diff for this revision i get a bunch of completely
unrelated changes. This is not good. I tried of course
with '--dry-run --verbose' to check the changes before the commit, but this
don't showed anything useful. This 'git push' also don't asked me for
confirmation of my changes, and the git diff or git status i tried before
pushing also don't showed anything. From the usability POV i think git still
has some way to go. ;)

So what is the correct revision that needs to be reverted?

from git log mem/mem.h: f34610e3ec970664efab940592dd2cbd0f48260b
from the commit mail: 8d41196809f014e00346785b6517bd2c4051901a

Thanks,

Henning