[SR-Dev] Usrloc, Databases, and Caching

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Dec 12 16:27:14 CET 2008

On 10-12 11:42, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> If this cache just acts as a generic query result cache, this is already
> included in common database servers, like mysql. If their standard cache
> behaviour is not sufficient, i think this can be increased in the
> configuration, given that enough memory is available. If some want to avoid
> the remote server communication overhead, just use a local replication slave.
> So i don't see at the moment a compelling need to include functionality like
> this in our codebase.

  Yes, I agree, and in case of mysql, the query cache in mysql with sufficient
  memory does really make a big difference, especially if there is enough
  memory to cache all queries done by SER. I tried that a couple of years ago
  and managed to cache all queries for abouth 50k users on a wimpy laptop.

    Jan.