[Kamailio-Devel] Extra accounting crashes Kamailio 1.4.4

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:05:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/20/2009 11:04 AM, Robin Vleij wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel!
>

>> at first sight, the fix you pointed just adds the condition to do the
>> clean up only on 'response out' callbacks and will probably fix the acc
>> that happens on respective event. But if there are other callbacks that
>> do header parsing and access, will still result in crash.
>>

> Oh, that's not that good. And if I understand right this only happens at
>  retransmits, right? Was that the bug that resulted in my core?

It might not be same situation. Do you get retransmissions of replies?
There might be case of multiple replies from different branches at same
time, two very fast replies and callbacks that uses headers from UAS
request.

The problem is that different processes operates on a structure kept in
shared memory, add links to private memory and when try to walk through
get to pointers to other processes private memory.

>> A proper fix would be to use a private copy of uas request in callbacks
>> instead the shared version from transaction.
>>

> Okay. :) That doesn't mean anything at all to me. How would I do that? I
> mean, will there be a fix in the official trunk? Ofcourse I can apply
> some fixes that I see on some site in opensips, but I don't have a full
> 100% understanding of what I'm doing, since I don't know the rest of the
> code.
>
> Does anyone know when this problem was introduced? Maybe it's smarter to
> downgrade since it's a pretty big problem for me if my stuff crashes. :)

As I can see it now, if it is this one, is there for long time, so a
downgrade won't help - 1.3.x has same piece of code there.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/