[Kamailio-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser:[5764] trunk

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Mar 26 15:52:42 CET 2009

This new statistic is not a counter.  It is a dynamic statistic that
fluctuates in time and therefor it is not suitable to be exported like
a regular counter core statistic.  That's the reason for not adding it
to core_stats.[ch].

> Just several statistics are exported by core (those prefixed with core::).
>
> You can move it better to statistics.{c,h} if these are new statistics
> exported by core, but I have not seen changes to core_stats.c -- where the
> table for core exported statistics is.

<snip>

> Better let's find the proper place for this code and move it directly there,
> rather than simply revert. For example I would need access to cpuload
> details, code which is now in ratelimit module. Maybe we can combine the two
> in a single place accessible by the two modules.

statistics.[ch] seems to be an ok place for now, but maybe it should
be better to create a new file for dynamic core statistics.

The cpuload related code from the ratelimit has the same issue as the
code from snmpstats - it is not portable (it relays on linux specific
/proc directory).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas