[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-2690374 ] Do not forward response to an INVITE if no matching transac

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 19 12:13:46 CET 2009

El Jueves, 19 de Marzo de 2009, Alex Hermann escribió:
> > TC2 -> openSER : ACK
> > TC2 -> openSER : BYE
> > <-- Call is ended but should not -->
>
> TC2 has no reason to end this call. Even if it received the (erroneous)
> 487. It didn't send a CANCEL itself (it didn't even send an INVITE, so the
> 487 can't possibly match any transaction), so the following paragraph
> doesn't apply.

I think the above paragrahp is incorrect and what the reporter wanted to say
is that TC reamins replying 487 (because it doesn't like the ACK sent by
Kamailio), so after TC2 replies 200 the transaction is terminated and,
unfortunatelly, TC sends again a 487. This 487 is now forwarded stateless by
Kamailio to the client who chooses to end the call.

This issue has already two solutions (posted in the tracker):
- Checking "check_trans()" in onreply_route (to process also stateless
replies). If the funciont returns false then "drop()" the response.
- Using a new parameter "drop_stateless_replies=1" I introduced in TM module
two days ago.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo