[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-2690374 ] Do not forward response to an INVITE if no matching transac

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Thu Mar 19 09:54:57 CET 2009

Maybe I completely misunderstood the call flow, but IMHO it doesn't make
sense at all.

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 02:11:24 SourceForge.net wrote:
> TC -> openSER : 487
> openSER -> TC : ACK
> openser -> TC2 : 487 (openSER relays the 487 once the call has been established to TC2)
Why would it send the 487 to TC2 (TC2 being an UAS)? If the response is
forwarded at all, it should be to the UAC, not to an UAS. If the 487 is send
to TC2, that would qualify as a bug in Kamailio.

> TC2 -> openSER : ACK
> TC2 -> openSER : BYE
> <-- Call is ended but should not -->
TC2 has no reason to end this call. Even if it received the (erroneous) 487.
It didn't send a CANCEL itself (it didn't even send an INVITE, so the 487 can't
possibly match any transaction), so the following paragraph doesn't apply.

--
Alex Hermann