[Kamailio-Devel] Status of kamailio modules on sip-router core

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Mar 9 14:58:29 CET 2009

As of today, I still haven't managed to make the following kamailio
modules compile:

cpl-c, dialog, dispatcher, domain, domainpolicy, enum, msilo,
nathelper, nat_traveral, osp, path, perl, perlvdb, presence, pv, qos,
ratelimit, registrar, rls, rtimer, seas, sipitrace, sl, snmpstats,
sst, texops, uac, uac_redirect, usrloc, utils

This does not necessarily mean that the modules above are difficult to
update, but only that they require manual changes and I haven't had
the time to do them yet.

Some of the modules require changes in the sip-router core which are
underway.

If you would like to help update one of the modules above and make
them work on the sip-router core, then, please, let me know. I would
especially appreciate help with the following modules:

perl, perlvdb, pv, snmpstas

because I don't know much about them.

And if you don't have the time or knowledge necessary to convert
modules, we would still appreciate if you could review changes we did
so far. Here is how you can review module changes:

1) Through gitweb

Go to
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=kamailio-3.0/.git;a=heads

and click on a module that interests you. You'll be presented with the
history of the module. Commits on the top of the list are those that I
made to make the module work with the sip-router core. The oldest
commit in most modules which is related to the update to sip-router is:

"Define OPENSER_MOD_INTERFACE in Makefile."

All modules contain that one, so you only need to look at commits that
are newer than this one. There are some exceptions though, such as the
acc module, where the above mentioned commit is not the last one.

2) With git

Clone the repository using:

 $ git clone git://git.sip-router.org/kamailio-3.0

Checkout the branch of the module you are interested in:

 $ git co -b acc origin/acc

And examine the history of the module with git log:

 $ git log -u

  Jan.